Prefab Logic is a technology and data-driven company that has almost a decade of experience working with developers, manufacturers and GCs in modular construction projects all over the United States and Canada. We are leading and driving the industry forward doing things that have never been done. We develop highly coordinated BIM models, design and optimize processes, and empower people at all levels so they may contribute even further to continue to fulfill our mission.
Mechanical Engineer (Plumbing & HVAC)
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Nampa, Idaho
Job Summary of Roles and Responsibilities
PFL MEP seeks a mid-level Mechanical Engineer to join our team in Nampa, Idaho. We are helping solve the affordable housing crisis by truly reimagining construction with world-class innovation. In this position, you will work in a team environment to create a complete digital twin of the building so developers and contractors can build more efficiently and accurately. Responsibilities include:
- Performing and directing others in detailed building design, including equipment sizing and selection, plumbing waste and vent, plumbing water and gas, plumbing riser diagrams and isometrics, HVAC systems, HVAC ductwork, and related engineering calculations.
- Mentoring less experienced staff in project execution.
- Ensuring that design standards and quality control procedures are followed and that the project team is resourced for efficient project execution.
- Performing quality control design reviews for client deliverables.
- Managing schedules and budgets for assigned projects.
- Growing and fostering relationships with clients.
- BSME (BS in Mechanical Engineering) degree from an ABET-accredited university.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification.
- On course for Professional Engineering (PE) licensure.
- 4+ years of building design experience—plumbing design is required, and HVAC design is a plus.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of industry codes, including the Uniform Plumbing Code (UPC), Uniform Mechanical Code (UMC), International Building Code (IBC), International Plumbing Code (IPC), International Mechanical Code (IMC), and ASHRAE Standards.
- Proficient with Revit.
- Modular construction experience is a plus but not required.
- Understanding of California Building Energy Efficiency Standards (Energy Code) is a plus but not required.
- Managing two or more people on a project team.
- Filling the role of project engineer for several projects occurring concurrently.
- Reviewing and responding to construction administration requests for information and submittals.
PFL MEP is a technology and data-driven engineering design firm headquartered in Nampa, Idaho. Our mission is to lead and drive the industry forward in modular and conventional construction for multifamily projects. We achieve this through highly coordinated BIM models focusing on quality and constructability. Our core values are Get Naked, Cuss and Discuss, Teamwork, and Commitment. To read more and hear it straight from our founders, check out the Our Culture page on our website. https://prefablogic.com/about/our-culture/
$85,000 to $100,000 per year, depending on experience and qualifications.
Apply for this position
A resume is required to apply for a position. A personal note or cover letter is optional. Please make sure you fill out all required fields.